The quest for new locations
5 YEARS BABY, 5 YEARS !! Next year it will be five years since we were hanging out in the Belgian Ardennes (The Ardennes: the only part of Belgium that isn’t as flat as pancakes on a diet) where we came up with the idea of organizing a longboard camp, pretty much a one of its kind. We don’t know about you, but those past years got us pretty fired up. To celebrate this 5-year anniversary in the good old fashioned Woodwings way, we are now looking to add a new European location AND a first-ever United States location to our program!
Bring a longboard camp to your all-time favorite spot
We could search for our next location ourselves, but with a large social community and 19 nationalities attending the camp, that would be a bit too old fashioned, right? So we want you to decide for us where we should host our new camp. And therefore give us your special little road that you held for yourself your whole life. Whether it is your home spot or an amazing road that you once skated, far away from civilization.
We know it will be hard for you to give up your special gem, which you’ve probably hidden away from the outside world for a reason. But no worries, there is something in it for you…
What are we looking for?
As Winston Churchill – who we believe was a longboarder himself - said: “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often”, we at Woodwings are always looking further, to expand and improve our camps in any way possible.
Of course, finding a new road conform to our needs isn’t as easy as getting a Victory Royale on Fortnite. That’s why we made a little list of the most important requirements for any new location. The requirements are:
- located in Europe or the USA;
- 1 or 2 downhill roads in the close surrounding of the basecamp with a length of minimum 2 kilometers;
- roads that are accessible for beginners;
- but also challenging for advanced longboarders;
- the asphalt has to be in a good condition (no cracks in the way);
- with a platform, avenue/boulevard or parking in the area for longboard freestyling and dancing;
- the road has to be low frequented, not too many traffic, good deviation options (we need to be able to close it).
Those are the most important requirements for us to make a camp happen at a new location. But there still are a lot of extra requirements which are important for the camp as well, such as:
- a ski resort in the proximity of the location;
- roads with good variation (sweepers, hairpins, ...);
- accommodation possibilities in the close surrounding of the roads (hotel, youth hostel, camping);
- basecamp with maximum a one-hour drive to an international airport or train station;
- with a lake, river or the sea in close proximity of the basecamp.
What's in it for you?
Of course, we wouldn’t ask such (a) great road(s) from your part without giving anything in return. That’s why we are prepared to give a huge reward to the participants whose location wins. The winners of our contest will receive - brace yourselves - :
1. FREE ALL-IN ACCESS TO CAMP WOODWINGS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
Yes, you’ve read that correctly. If you win this contest, you will be able to come to our camps on every location (EU & USA) for free, every year for the rest of your life.
2. A LIFELONG LONGBOARD UPDATE FROM MOONSHINE MFG
Boards for life? Say whut! We teamed up with Moonshine to give the lucky winner(s) a lifetime deck update. You can exchange your deck for one from the newest Moonshine collection, once a year as long as you keep coming to our camps.
How to apply?
Interested in winning one of the best longboarding prizes in the history of all humanity? Du-uuh... If you think that you have that one spot that matches our requirements, do not wait any longer and fill in the form below. We will check your submission and we will let you know how bad we want it.
If you have any questions at all, drop us a message on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Really can't wait to hear your propositions y'all!