The stay & crew
The maximum capacity of our Groms camp is 30 attendees. There will always be a crew of minimum 7 guides. With a guidance of minimum 1 monitor per 5 attendees, a safe and committed supervision for every WoodWings grom is guaranteed.
All of our monitors and instructors receive an intern schooling and a training in first aid. Our crew consists of people, age 18 or older, who benefit many years of experience in tour guiding, youth organisations and/or teaching and instructing. They know the tricks of the trade in terms of organization, teaching methods and pedagogy. Our lessons are given by 'pro-riders'. Those are sponsored athletes who participate in international competitions. They dispose of an inexaustible know-how and experience, which they are only too happy to share with you!
Every activity takes place under the supervision of our guides. Next to the accompanied activities and workshops, there will be sufficient free moments where our groms can enjoy themselves on our basecamp. During those moments, every grom is free to do what - and to go where - he/she wants; ofcourse under the supervision of our crew.
Smoking and alcohol are strictly FORBIDDEN for everybody on our Groms camp.
- The crew : they do their utmost best to provide you an unforgettable journey. If you don't listen to our instructors or don't respect their rules, your access to the WoodWings mountain and the roads will be denied for the rest of the week.
- Your fellow campers : we operate a zero-tolerance for bullying and nagging. When you consciously endanger your fellow boarders, your acces to the road will be denied for the rest of the week.
- The hotel and our goods : consciously and repeatedly damaging the hotel or other properties, will lead to the deduction of your deposit.
- Groms (13 - 16)
Yes, as minors, boys and girls sleep in separated bedrooms.
- Youngsters (16+)
A mixed room division is allowed. Boys and girls are allowed to sleep in one room.
Bed linen can be rented at the hotel for € 10,00 per week. Of course you are free to bring your own bed linen or sleeping bag (including fitted sheet and pillowcase (!)). A pilow is provided.
- Deposit: Is to be paid at the youth hotel in cash and is €50 per person. If you have not caused any damage, your deposit will be returned at the end of the week.
- Bed linen: At the hotel you can rent a set of linen for €10 per week. Of course you are free to bring your own or sleeping bag (including pillowcase and fitted sheet (!)). A pillow is provided.
Our basecamp is located in the green surroundings of the French 'Massif des Bauges', an UNESCO world heritage park! THE place to be for mountaineering, hiking and cycling!
About 25km from our camp, you will find the idyllic lake of Annecy, the third largest lake in France. It is known as "Europe's cleanest lake" because of strict environmental regulations introduced in the 1960s. It is a popular tourist destination known for its swimming and water sports. The lake was formed about 18,000 years ago, at the time the large alpine glaciers melted. It is fed by many small rivers from the surrounding mountains and from a powerful underwater source. Once a week we organize a day trip to the skatepark, the lake and its beautiful boulevard.
Chambery, the capital of the French Savoie, is located on 25km from the camp. It is a big but livable city with old buildings, plenty of cozy restaurants and a university. We do not offer daytrips to Chambery, but if you have a car, you can of course always plan a city trip.
In the close surroundings of the camp, plenty of activities can be done in the pristine nature of the ‘Massif des Bauges’. Activities such as mountaineering, hiking tours, mountain biking and zip line are offered and organized by local companies.
Hotel La Galurine